The Yeiser Art Center has a new artist residency program that will run from February through October 2020. The goals of this new program are:
- give artists the space to make and/or sell work in historic downtown Paducah.
- give the public access to these artists through open studio hours, artist talks, and workshops.
The Artist Is In residency is open to fine arts, crafts, performers, and writers. Groups are eligible to apply, but each collaborator must be named in the residency proposal.
The space can be used for (but is not limited to) studio, installation, performance, writing, planning, teaching, or selling. Your project proposal should include a thorough explanation of how you plan to use the space. Any sales made in the space are subject to a 40% commission by YAC.
YAC staff will be available to offer basic administrative support for the artist during each residency. They will help promote any related programming through social media and website.
The residency space is at the front of the gallery, with easy access from the street. Natural light comes from two windows, front doors, and open layout of the entire space. The residency space itself does not have a lockable door, the gallery is protected with an alarm system during closed hours. The residency space contains counter space and cabinet space. Wifi is available in the gallery.
* This residency does not include living space *
The artist in residence would be expected to return the space to its original condition and is not allowed to use the space in a way that would permanently damage the floors, walls, or cabinets. Traditional hanging of work on walls is permitted, but must be repaired at the conclusion of the residency. YAC will provide materials for the artist to patch and paint the walls.
The artist in residence would be expected to interact with the community during their residency, for a number of hours agreed upon by them & YAC.
DEADLINES & FEES
Email application materials in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each submission must be accompanied by a $40 application fee. This payment can be paid in cash at the gallery, or by check (made out to Yeiser Art Center), or by PayPal (email@example.com). Your application is NOT complete until you have paid the fee.
Deadline to apply is January 26th.
Notifications will be made by February 1, 2020.
Each chosen artist in resident (or group) will receive a $500 honorarium.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Artist bio
- Resume or CV
- Project description – should include the following:
- Proposed residency dates between February & October 2020 and can run from 1-4 weeks
- How the space will be used; studio space, pop up event like a special art sale, book signing, etc.
- explanation of how this residency will help your studio practice any community events like workshops or artist talks that you would host
- 5-10 high resolution images of your work, writing samples, project sketches, or a combination of two professional references with contact info
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org